Senior Python Engineer
We seek an ambitious and self-motivated Senior Python Engineer to join our core engineering team to keep up with customer demand. The ideal teammate is an experienced professional looking to take ownership of critical backend services of our quickly-evolving business credit management apps. These backend services are built within the Python ecosystem. We use modern tools, which means you’ll have the opportunity to work with software like Redis, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, and much more.
As a Senior Python Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Working within all areas of the platform from our web interfaces and 3rd party API to backend integrations.
- Making architectural contributions and decisions to constantly improve the reliability of our software and maintainability of our codebase.
- Implementing test-driven microservices using modern techniques.
- Quickly squashing bugs in a test-driven fashion as they arise.
- Following agile processes with a focus on delivering production-ready testable code in small iterations.
You should be:
- Curious to learn and assimilate information quickly, enthusiastic to share and teach others
- Keenly analytical and neurotic about problem-solving.
- An outstanding communicator with sound interpersonal skills.
- Strongly interested in technology and continuous learning.
- Able to work autonomously and resourcefully in a fast-paced startup environment.
You should have:
- 8+ years of professional python engineering experience in data-intensive environments.
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience maintaining and evolving python-based production systems with very high-traffic.
- Familiarity with concepts in API development, microservices, cloud computing, data mining, and data engineering.
- Advanced skills and experience using Python, SQL, Bash and other scripting/compiled languages.
- Experience with or exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Git, Jenkins and container-based continuous-integration & deployment pipelines.
- Proven track record of collaboration with a variety of decision-makers to drive impact.
- Experience in the fintech industry is a plus.
Flowcast is a rapidly growing, series A, remote-friendly fintech company. Our AI solution helps to automate credit risk assessment in SME finance which otherwise is a manual and costly process. Our existing clients are large financial institutions and corporations such as Standard Chartered, ING, and Nike. Our enterprise solution is a machine learning (ML) solution to automate credit decisions. We are backed by VCs including ING Ventures, BitRock Capital, Katalyst Ventures, Startx, among others.
We recently launched a new product called Tillful, a business credit platform to help business owners build stronger business credit and stay on top of their financial health. Unlike traditional business credit bureaus that rely on static data, we leverage real-time financial and bank transaction data. We are rewiring how business credit is done. Tillful is powered by an AI credit risk engine that we've developed from years of developing AI-based credit models for lenders and banks.